Sunday 14 August 2016

Tinkering with.. Berlin Camo Chieftain


The progress so far.... Just finished the basic masking and airbrushing stage, these need to dry and be sealed before the detailing and weathering.


Here are two Armies Army Chieftains with pre shade prior to base coat, these are the Iranian ones so a slightly different approach to the Berlin two, below.


These have been also been preshaded but then had their base coat of white applied, now comes the masking.


The Berlin camo is a fixed pattern and applied universally, therefore both tanks needed to look the same. I've followed references so they should be spot on.


Masking being built up, these is really laborious!


Next up the light blue, you probably can't tell from the pictures but there's two shades in use, as usual mixed by eye using tamiya paints.


The blue is masked ready for the top coat brown.


Again another by eye mix, for the brown and green, it will darken on weathering.


The debris! 


So back were I started, pretty pleased with the result so far, a few errors in masking, but I'll rectify that later. 

Weathering to come....

6 comments:

ArmybitsUK said...

I need to learn how to do this! I need to build a Berlin force :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Love your painting and techniques...BUT those colours and patterns are WAY off. I was in the Berlin Armd Sqn for 4 years and I painted the real ones, sorry but youre wrong. Please e-mail me and I'll help you if I can at ingham5147 at tiscali dot co dot uk. I don't mean to put you down , just trying to be constructive. :-)
John

Troop of Shewe said...

Always interested in new information, am working from web references, clearly I wasn't there. These are not the final " colour" as the I still have the weathering to come, this will knock back the starkness and generally mute and darken the effect, you may be surprised!

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

Wow

I have been thinking of this camo but bottled and baulked at the thought of starting it
Very professionally done!

Troop of Shewe said...

I'm in the middle of redoing the colours! So double masking nightmare !

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Current FOR SALE items

1/56 Weasel
Will update soon, contact me for details


Blog Archive