Monday, 6 September 2010
Saturday, 28 August 2010
- BAM Pzr IV , Schwimwagen and Sdkfz 9,
- JTFM Pzr IV, Puma and 234 8-Rads, 251/D's
- Army Group North , Stug III's
- Company B - Adler
All have mods some more than others. Following some comments, i will add that these additions and alterations are not always necesary and not a true reflection on the basic kit. I position my work at showcase standard and continually try and improve, hence all the mods and extras.
- Panzer IVs, not much more done to these, fiddled around with some more stowage and completed the schurzen on the JTFM one. Am toying with some camo nets but cant get it just right.
- Schwimwagen, i love this kit! although theres not to much you can do with a four seater. Added generic stowage, zeltbahn cover ( use of lead foil from posh wine, thanks Julia! ( who still looks at me funny when i ask for it!) and rope drop rope for the motor.
- SDkfz 9, this will be a SCW version so had to disguise some of the late war stowage, hopefully effectively with a "green stuff" discarded jacket.
- 8- RADs - I love these as well. These are just me playing, will be very late war schemes i thing. Metal foil fule can straps added and helmets and their straps
- 251/D - quite a bit of work here and very much WIP. The JTFM is the best 251 available and has lovely interior details. Downside is the assembling, i should really do a two part paint for these but that would double the time and increase the price accordingly. You will see green modellers putty on the body joints, still working on these. Have added internal rod bars for kit stowage and started to add green stuff kit etc. Nice advantage with these is that the rear doors can be cut open with a little bit of work.
- The Stugs are almost there. Interesting point with these, and my work in general, is where do you stop. I could do more, noticably the tools dont have any securing points which is bugging me but will stop on these now.
- Adler, not much added at the moment, added a BAM schwim/kubel driver. This will probably move right with a Horch which has just arrived.
Finishing: you'll notice several different finishes, from grey primer, to balck undercoat, to white metal and resin. With modern resins it is important to clean and prime correctly. I use an enamel plastic primer ( hence the grey) and then a black primer undercoat. Some have this already as they were "around" when spraying. These will all receive another primer grey and black undercoat. This will then be touched up with enamel ( Humbrol).
I havent posted pics of all the mods talked about here, however there is now a WIP folder up on my flickr gallery, which has more.
Saturday, 21 August 2010
Following on the heels of the Stugs are these two Pzr IVs. One JTFM (in black), one Warlord (in grey). The JTFM pzrIV is realtively straight forward build for me, i've done loads of these and bar distressing the schurzen and stowage nothing much else is needed. The Warlord is a more robust kit but has a couple of aspects i'm not too fond of. So i've altered the following:
1) replace schurzen totally, add rail and JTFM plates
2) Lower turret profile bay shaving off under the turret about a mm.
3) added mud paste to the wheel sections to add some detail.
the rest is the usual bitza stowage on both, with predominately JTFM extra track stowage. Still some work to do, you'll notice the new style of "heads" - what does everyone think?, will post up more pics as i go.
Thursday, 19 August 2010
Having a bit of fun with three Army Group North Stug II G's. One assembling as it comes, the second as a 75mm with Saukopf and the third as one of the 105mm Sturmhaubitze seen in the colour footage on the Seelowe heights. The saukopf mantlets are from the JTFM STUG III set (cheers Jeff), the Sturmhaubitze Schurzen is scratch built the other is JTFM again. Doing something new with crew figs, wanted to show the "in combat" mode with heads just peeking out. Using a mixture of BAM and westwind heads. I am currently modifying the Sturnhaubutze hatches as they are wrong at the moment.
Troop of Shewe Galleries
Current FOR SALE items
- ► 2017 (12)
- ► 2016 (19)
- ► 2014 (29)
- ► 2012 (24)
- ► 2011 (36)
- ▼ 2010 (6)
- ► 2009 (19)