Following up on the ArmiesArmy Chieftains, I now have a load of BF plastic Chieftains and am most impressed, generally....
- plastic format allows loads of conversion potential,
- excellent detail,
- nice crew set,
- separate track guards.
- ( just my opinion) the turret front angles need sanding over as they have too prominent an angle,
- the smoke dischargers are awful.
- Only one hatch open
The plastic format allows me to depict some very tired and abused vehicles as seen in reference photos of the Iran Iraq war. The mods so far...
- Removed all smoke dischargers ( am making new ones)
- Filed the turret fronts to remove the pronounced angle
- Opened up some additional hatches
- Added crew, so far just from bits box, but more to come
- Added numerous tarpaulins and crew stowage
- Added an initial layer of sandbag armour, more to come on this front, stalled until the dischargers are complete
- Distressed and removed track guards
So very much a work in progress and a "flavour" of things to come at this stage
As always, subscribe to the left ------>>> for unobtrusive email updates.