More plastic from BF, suitably up detailed. Plastic set of five ISU 152's ( I have plans for the other two!) converted into Egyptian modified 152's plus the command version.
I filled the hulls with polyfilla to add some weight, small touch, but then it's all about the little details!
As usual hatches drilled and opened out, together with plastic card hatches which are more in scale.
Next up was to remove the handle mouldings ( see far hull above) and replace with brass rod. This was a bit of a tedious process and at the cost of several micro drills, but I think worth it in the end. (Yes I know I stopped at the handles on the engine deck, well for now anyway)
The command version is fairly simple, all I had to do was add some welding beads around the gun mantles blank.
The cages around the lights were complicated but I think I pulled it off!
Based as per the SU 100s, although the command version may well get a bigger diorama style base to reflect its purpose.
All three together, ready for priming and crewing.
White primer, just a light unifying coat at this stage, as I expect I will be adding more detail before the paint stage, alongside the SU 100's . Need to work out what to regards crew, the BF plastic set is great but gives in five I can use directly, so I guess there's going to be some Peter pig head swaps......
Not sure if these ever crossed the suez in'73, but useful to have as options, maybe they'll provide a surprise for some SAM hunting IDF recce on the West Bank.
I am considering developing this little October War expedition into another display game. Whilst I have been extremely successful in the past, time and real life has prevented me creating anything over the last year or so. Plans are afoot for possibly 26 foot of Sinai ! We'll see.....
Am working on some QRF Mi-8 "Hips", lot of work needed, but I think they'll come out fine.