Thursday 24 October 2013

Morris C8 2 pdr Portee



Its seems interest in the North African campaign has been reinvigorated recently ( I expect largely due to the Perry's) so this paint for Company B is quite topical.

It is a Morris 2 pdr Portee as used by Armoured Divisions in North Africa. I originally wanted to do a snazzy Caunter scheme in line with the recent Perry Universal Carrier build, but there wasn't the evidence supporting this as a legitimate scheme for them. This meant a rather plane faded yellow scheme, however I didn't wanted a British "Dunkelgelb" so decided to go for heavy wear and tear and fading.

I'm really happy with the result on this interestingly little vehicle.

As always more pictures on my flickr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/troop-of-shewe/sets/

I have a flurry of finished, and finishing, projects over the next couple of weeks which I will post here as I have time, please subscribe to email updates if you'd like to keep pace with the eye candy.









 




 























1 comment:

Current FOR SALE items

1/56 Weasel
Will update soon, contact me for details


Blog Archive